There is a new service for users, which is the ability to generate an example payload compliant with a specific data model in key values format. Previously it was available the normalized format.
Options are located in the main menu (Generate NGSI examples)
We have drafted the publication process for new data models and for updates.
It’s the first page of the contribution manual and every box (not in this image) has links to the tools/resources to be used.
Hopefully, it will be more straightforward to be understood.
The 5 data models of social media subject have been updated to ensure compatibility with other data models.
- SMAnalysis. This entity contains a harmonized description of a generic SMAnalysis made for the Social Media domain. This entity is primarily associated with the process of analysis of Social Media applications’ posts.
- SMCollection. This entity contains a harmonized description of a generic SMCollection made for the Social Media domain. This entity is primarily associated with the process of collection of Social Media posts (primarily Twitter).
- SMPost. This entity contains a harmonized description of a generic SMPost made for the Social Media domain.
- SMRefLocation. This entity contains a harmonized description of a generic SM Reference Location (SMRefLocation) made for the Social Media domain.
- SMUser. This entity contains a harmonized description of a generic SMUser made for the Social Media domain. This entity is primarily associated with the description of a user of Social Media applications.
A new data model for the device subject capable of allocating payloads of power consumption. In the subject datamodel.Device.
SmartMeteringObservation. This entity contains a harmonized description of a Smart Meter Observation, generally applicable for Smart Homes, Industry, Cities, and Agriculture. It is based mostly on the GSMA entity definition but it is extended
In the right column of the front page, there is a new feature for look for data models
once type ‘light’ it looks like in the right
Every entry is an hyperlink
The list of data models has been completely changed.
Step 1: write part of the name of data model or repository
Step 2: The table filter the options
Step 3: Click on the name and it takes you directly to the github location you need.
The multimedia subject, belonging to the cross-sector domain, has been created with this data model:
MediaEvent. Base for all events raised by elements in the media server.
This model works with the components media server and kurento. Kurento Generic Enabler enables real-time processing of media streams supporting the transformation of video cameras into sensors as well as the incorporation of advanced application functions (integrated audiovisual communications, augmented reality, flexible media playing and recording, etc)
In order to reduce the work for the contributors of the new data models, there is a new section on the contribution manual title ‘don’t do these’ with recommendations for the most common poor practices in the contribution process.
Although all contributions are welcomed it will save everybody’s time by reading this section once.
Additionally, the section can be improved so you can submit your recommendations/lessons learned here.
1 new data model in the subject datamodel.Battery
StorageBatteryMeasurement. Storage Battery Observed Data Model is intended to measure the remaining energy capacity in a battery, which can be redistributed in the form of electrical energy. These functions apply from a source that depends on the type of battery (a reference to the attribute ‘batteryType’ of the Data Model
Thanks to the contributors
There is a new option in the main menu Data Models -> Contribution Checklist
It is strongly recommended to pass every element before submitting your new data model.
See below the checklist