Included two new sections on the guidelines for the Smart Data Models
Whenever possible they will be absolute references in order to provide the ability to use the data models isolated from the rest of documents
The section definitions will be included in the subject-schema.json name of the subject.
Some of the contributors have requested some help about creating new data models. How to do it and where to do it.
HOW TO CREATE DATA MODELS
1) If you are clear about the payloads that you want to share (you have a plain key values json payload)
2) You can use this tool https://www.liquid-technologies.com/online-json-to-schema-converter (This link is always available in the Learning Zone on the upper menu, section tools)
to generate a draft version of the json schema. You will have to review (for sure).
– Whether you need some restrictions (min, max) on number properties
– The number of required properties
– The full list of options in enumeration properties
– Remove the context (it is treated as property)
– Check the Arrays (minItems, etc)
and possibly some other minor issues
WHERE TO CREATE DATA MODELS
3) We offer an open repository named pending for you to contribute while developing. Ask for access raising an issue with the option ‘Access to pending repository’
Most of the data models come from different groups of people interested in the creation of standards in an agile way.
Here you can access a cheat sheet (Let’s call it methodology) on how to tackle these tasks.
summarized these are the steps. It takes for granted that the group is already available.
Step 0. Gather documentation
Step 1. Compile elements.
Step 2. Meet to reach a Generalization proposal
Step 3. Internal validation
Step 4. Create the technical documentation of a data model
Step 5. Submit your data model
Step 6. Review
Step 7. Disseminate
New elements for the testing tools of google for json linked data and a new presentation about how to make links between entities.
Check the learning zone.
There is a new page on how to document a data model.
how to document a data model.
It is provisional documentation to be discussed and applied to every data model.
It can be reach as an option under the main menu data models.
Templates folder complies templates for the definition of the different documentation attached to a data model.
Now there is a folder for the documentation to include into the Subject folder and into the data model folder.