In order to reduce the work for the contributors of the new data models, there is a new section on the contribution manual title ‘don’t do these’ with recommendations for the most common poor practices in the contribution process.
Although all contributions are welcomed it will save everybody’s time by reading this section once.
Additionally, the section can be improved so you can submit your recommendations/lessons learned here.
There is a new option in the main menu Data Models -> Contribution Checklist
It is strongly recommended to pass every element before submitting your new data model.
See below the checklist
Now the README file of every data model includes a link to the generator of NGSI-LD payloads compliant with the data model.
As you can see in the image below there is a new section “Dynamic examples generation”
There the sentence “Link to the Generator of NGSI-LD payloads compliant with this data model. Refresh for new values”. By clicking the Generator link an example of payload appears on the web page. Refreshing (F5) generates new payloads.
Now all data models have an interactive specification. (As long as they have examples)
This is the first step to deeper interactive services for every data model contributed.
See the example for weatherForecast.
The file common-schema.json compiles those properties massively used across the different data models in the different domains.
The property userAlias has been included to store those anonymous identifiers of a user that cannot be traced back to the user.
It can be referenced in any data model just by including this code
“$ref” : “https://smart-data-models.github.io/data-models/common-schema.json#/definitions/userAlias”
1 new data model coming from the synchronicity project is available in the subject dataModels.QueueManagement.
- QueueMonitor. An office counter queue system on a daily run.
The first version of this data model initially was developed in the project synchronicity and now it will be curated here.
3 new data models coming from the synchronicity project are available in the subject dataModels.Transportation.
- RestrictedTrafficArea. An area of a city in which the traffic generated by cars or any other kind of vehicles is subjected to limitation.
- RestrictionException. A Restriction Exception represents a particular case that specialise restriction reported in a Restricted Traffic Areas; for instance, it could describe particular permissions applied to specific kind of vehicles
- SpecialRestriction. A Special Restriction represents a particular case that specialise restriction reported in a Restricted Traffic Areas; for instance, it could describe particular restrictions applied to specific kind of vehicles
These data models were initially developed in the project synchronicity and now it will be curated here.
This a general review of the contributions’ manual with these changes:
- Recommendation how to document a property that is an object referencing to a shared schema
- Change order in the elements (schema recommendation is the most demanded documentation and it is being placed at the beginning)
- Minor reviews, contact point, etc.
Located in the upper menu of the site.