Some of the contributors have requested some help about creating new data models. How to do it and where to do it.
HOW TO CREATE DATA MODELS
1) If you are clear about the payloads that you want to share (you have a plain key values json payload)
2) You can use this tool https://www.liquid-technologies.com/online-json-to-schema-converter (This link is always available in the Learning Zone on the upper menu, section tools)
to generate a draft version of the json schema. You will have to review (for sure).
– Whether you need some restrictions (min, max) on number properties
– The number of required properties
– The full list of options in enumeration properties
– Remove the context (it is treated as property)
– Check the Arrays (minItems, etc)
and possibly some other minor issues
WHERE TO CREATE DATA MODELS
3) We offer an open repository named pending for you to contribute while developing. Ask for access raising an issue with the option ‘Access to pending repository’
Thanks to the University of Cantabria (check the updated contributors.yaml) there are two new data models for Urban Mobility inside the domain of Smart cities
They are focused on the needs of public transport while been quite aligned with GTFS standard
The offStreet parking data model (inside smart cities domain) had improved its consistency between the specification and the examples and the data model schema. And to be aligned with DATEX II specification.
Check it out in this link OffStreetparking to see it complete.
Thanks to the user danvilmont
Every day will be checked the documentation available for each data model and the result is dumped in the file documentationStatus.json
It would help a user to identify all the documentation, examples, schemas and specification available and it allows an automated use for any other purpose.
Check it out.
There is a new widget on the front page titled “Open PR and issues” there you can browse all the Pull requests contributed by the community and the open issues across all the data models.
Updated every 5 minutes
This way you can be informed about evolution going on and to make sure that all contributions are considered.
There are 4 new data models under review at incubated folder
They will have to be adapted to the guidelines and to the manual of single data code
Additionally, there are new contributions to water Network management
It also has been submitted a new data model for water observation. Soon to be assessed and shared.
Thanks to Jaime Ventura, See here the issue comments but we will change the
uVIndexMax attribute across different data model.
IUDX joins the steering board of Smart Data Models initiative. This agreement will allow FIWARE and the IUDX to collaborate on data models suitable for use in smart city applications. This work will be done in conjunction with the ongoing joint activity between TM Forum — an alliance of 850+ global companies working together to break down technology and cultural barriers between digital service providers, technology suppliers, consultancies and systems integrators — and FIWARE.